Thursday 10 July 2014

New Folk Design

Folk decorations capture the memories of my childhood. My grandmother had a lot of beautifully decorated plates and cutlery stored in a displayed cabinet. Here and there she covered the furniture with colourful blankets and pillows above which effigy of baby Jesus looked at me with his sweet-tempered eyes. As a little girl, for the day of Corpus Christi, I had to wear a white blouse, embroidered and beaded on front and back vest, red flowery skirt and wreath. My mother would put flower petals of varied colours and scents into a basket and let me throw them away at the foot of the church. Abandoned on pavements confetti after solemn procession made an ideal decoration for bitumastic kerbs. 

Polish folklore has its different, depends on the region, manifestations. It includes music, art, symbols, superstitions, customs and beliefs. Today it's also a means of communication between tradition and modernity. And it reminds me home. 

I love the way of how it can be used for contemporary interiors and fill the empty space which some might call... longing. 

  










No comments:

Post a Comment