Tuesday 5 August 2014

It's all about people not furniture


My boyfriend seems to be a bit fed up of my (freaky deaky at times) restoring the house we've moved into... a week or two ago? It's not only restoring as you may suppose, but also spending money here and there on this and that - anyone who's ever flew out from the nest will know what I mean. Remember, for example black chairs by Kartell I shared the other week - here's a sneak peak from the backstage (I think I should suggest him to run his own page or blog where he could describe any runkling feelings connected to his girlfriend's 'homey-hobby'). So what he said was: "Never in my life I would choose something like this!"

Oh boy... As I presented him with a fait accompli after eventually having them purchased he kinda liked them. For some reason I had been given carte blanche after showing him some sketches and drawings... Yeah, I happen to be run away with it... :) But all in all - house is about people, not furniture - right? As long as the space I live in is our friends and family friendly creating the atmosphere of relax and good fun I can call it OUR PLACE. And the chairs are really not the most important. 

So, when it comes to remake the house the first thing we should consider is who will be there. Only you? You and your soulmate, boyfriend, children... A cat? And how to make the space comfy for them, how to organize the traffic flow and all these in a sensible way. 

The space in a house should invite others in. There's an obvious reason of why we put sofas mostly in a living room (or sometimes in other spare rooms where for example watching television also takes place).

Think about people coming to your house more than where to put another collection (whatever you collect if at all) and let them sit, watch, talk, eat and have fun. Why not to be the trigger point of it and let the trafiic flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment